This is a simple string search of the entire database including fields that are not displayed so keep your searches simple.
- Searching for "bass" will find all strings containing "bass" (e.g. Embassy, Ambassadour) whilst searching for " bass" [space+bass] will find anything starting with "bass" (e.g. Basset, Bassingbourne) and searching for "bass " [bass+space]will find anything ending in "bass".
- Searching for "DH" will find all the de Havilland aircraft including DHC and any other string with "dh" in it (e.g. Redhill). The same search with a space in front of it will only find DH and DHC aircraft and if you ad a space after DH you will only find the DH types (not DHC)
If looking for operators, search for a single word only as initials may be entered differently by different people. As a rule we do not use full stops in operator titles.
This is also a simple string search but restricted to the fields that you enter data in.
- Entering "Hunter" into the SUBJECT box and "1 sq" into the OPERATOR box will find all the Hunters operated by 1 Sqdn and 111 Sqdn whereas entering " 1 Sq" [space+1 Sq] will only find the 1 Sqdn Hunters.
The "%" symbol can be used to represent any number of characters seperating two defined strings and may be used in either the basic or advanced searches.
- Entering "North%sabre" will find all the North American Sabres, Super Sabres and Sabreliners
Wildcard _ (underscore)
The "_" symbol represents any single character and may be used in either the basic or advanced searches.
- Entering "G-A_JH" would find all registrations starting G- and ending with JH whilst entering "G-__JH" would also find the registrations starting G-A, G-B, G-C etc. and ending with JH
The possibilities and combinations for searches are almost unlimited and you can also save your searches and receive eMails if something new is added that meets your search criteria.
We are engaged on a programme of high definition scanning to make photo quality images available for instant purchase. These images are NA3T copyright and for personal use only. For more information please click here.
Images may be saved to suitable media and taken to your local high street photographers for printing. Alternatively they may be sent to one of the many on-line digital printers. You are requested to have no more than one print made from each digital image and not to copy or sell the image itself to friends.
At popular request, the medium size will produce the classic 5½"×3½" (Postcard size) photo if printed on 6"×4" paper.
View the list of downloadable images to see which ones are available right now. For the other images from our pre digital catalogue you will have to ask for it to be scanned.