Road & General Photos
This is a simple string search of the entire database including fields that are not displayed so keep your searches simple.
- Searching for "Guinness" will find all mentions of Guinness including where the word appears in adverts.
- Searching for "AEC" will find all of our AECs - both CV and PCV together with any vehicle with "AEC" in the registration.
- Searching for "FoB" will find anything with this string but mainly Festival of Britain.
If looking for operators, search for the surname or single word only as initials may be entered differently by different people.
This is also a simple string search but restricted to the fields that you enter data in.
- Entering "AEC" into the SUBJECT box and "CV" into the TYPE box will find all the AEC lorries.
- Entering "AEC Mandator" into the SUBJECT box and "CV" into the TYPE box will find all the AEC Mandators.
- Entering "Mandator" into the SUBJECT box and "CV" into the TYPE box will find all the Mandators both AEC and Leyland badged.
- Entering "[Tr]" or "[D]" into the IDENT box will find all the vehicles on trade plates (or German registered)
The “%” symbol can be used to represent any number of characters seperating two defined strings and may be used in either the basic or advanced searches.
- Entering "Mandator%tanker" will find all the Mandator tankers, even where the wheel code is between the words "Mandator" and "tanker"
Wildcard _ (underscore)
The "_" symbol represents any single character and may be used in either the basic or advanced searches.
- Entering "_all" would be the same as entering "all" but used with a preceeding space " _all" would find "Hall", "Wall", "Pall" etc.
- Entering "[_+_]" into the SUBJECT field will find most of the articulated vehicles whilst "[_+_]%tipper" will find articulated tippers.
The possibilities and combinations for searches are almost unlimited and you can also save your searches and receive eMails if something new is added that meets your search criteria.
We are engaged on a programme of high definition scanning to make photo quality images available for instant purchase. These images are NA3T copyright and for personal use only. For more information please click here.
Images may be saved to suitable media and taken to your local high street photographers for printing. Alternatively they may be sent to one of the many on-line digital printers. You are requested to have no more than one print made from each digital image and not to copy or sell the image itself to friends.
At popular request, the medium size will produce the classic 5½"×3½" (Postcard size) photo if printed on 6"×4" paper.
View the list of downloadable images to see which ones are available right now. For the other images from our pre digital catalogue you will have to ask for it to be scanned.